MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Friday 20 June 2014

HUBBIES BIRTHDAY CARD

Hi and welcome to my blog all my craft loving
friends, and visitors.
Thank you for your continued support of my blog.
I really do appreciate you giving up your time for 
this visit.

Tomorrow is my Dear Hubbies Birthday so I can
safely show his Birthday Card I made as I know he won't be looking at my blog till tomorrow.
Now he has reached the wonderful age of 75, and
when he was a young man he was a fireman on a
Steam Engine of a train, so I thought this topper
was ideal for this years card.




This is a 8"x8" size card.
The topper is a Hunkydory Decoupage one.
The papers printed from a Robert Addams CD
Vintage Transport.
I cut out some of the train tickets decoupaged 
them.
The letters are from an XCut Die.
Now I used lots of snippets from my snippets
box for stamping my sentiment on and my die
cuts, so I am off to the playground with this.
Thank you again for your visit.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following 
challenges. 
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/pixies-snippets-playground-week-129.html 

18 comments:

Hazel said...

Jenny, wishing your husband a happy birthday for tomorrow, a lovely card and that topper is just perfect, I love my X cut letter die they always look good. Hazel xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Nice to see you're up to doing more blogging.
Another smashing card , so perfect for your hubby.. Many happy returns to him for tomorrow.
Take care.
Ang x

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card, my Grandson would love it, he is steam train mad.
Love all the tickets, hope your Hubby has a fabulous day.

Kath x

cuilliesocks said...

What a fantastic card for your Hubby Jenny, love the whole thing, I hope he has a fabby birthday, hugs Kate x

Marie-Louise said...

Fabulous card Jenny. My husband loves steam trains so this would suit him too. I love the papers you have used - looks like a very useful cd.

Patricia said...

Brilliant card Jenny, that would go down a storm in this house as well as John Jnrs.
They love their Steam Engines
Fantastic backing paper and addition of the extra tickets.
Have a great weekend
Hugs

Patricia x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Wish your husband a Happy Birthday from me Jenny [ wishes all the way from India!!!]
Your card is fantastic...love the ideas and the love you have pured into it!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Алексровер Анна said...

My congratulations on your Hasband Birthday! Wonderful card with a good theme!
Have a great weekend!!!!

Di said...

Fabulous card Jenny - I think all men love steam trains :-) Great to see you crafting and blogging more and hope your hubby has a super Birthday today!

Hugs

Di xx

Carole Z said...

HI Jenny, what a fabulous card, love all the tickets, Happy Birthday to your husband, I bet he was thrilled! Hugs Carole Z X

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Mr Jenny!! What a fabulous card, love the image and it sounds perfect. Love the Swanage tickets too...ever been there? It's not that far away from us!! Have a lovely weekend and I hope jelly and ice cream will play a part!! xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, Happy Birthday to Tony, I hope you have a fabulous day.
This card is brilliant, and would be ideal for my hubby too and also his Brother, who are both Steam Enthusiasts. I bought the Robert Addams CD especially for them, and used it on my B-I-L's card in May.
Enjoy your day together.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card for hubby Jenny...i had to rejoin your blog due to closure of Memories to Keep...
I would love to see you over my blog again & I hope you have joined in my candy and blog hop....♥aNNie
The Journey is the Start

Christine Harrop said...

Tony will absolutely adore this card Jenny! I'm glad you are feeling able to blog more now, but take it steady! Love and hugs Christine xx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Hallo Jenny
Nog gefeliciteerd met je man 75
Je kaart is schitterend ik denk dat je man een prachtig kaart gevonden heb.
Fijne zondag
Groetjes Gerrie

Irene said...

A fabulous and fun biarthday card for your Husband Jenny , and so perfect. I love the image
and backing papers.
luv
irene
xxxx

Crafty Lark said...

Belated birthday wishes for your husband Jenny. Love your card, those papers are fab for your design. Flora xx

Sue said...

Hi Jenny I'm finally catching up I've been really busy trying to sort the garden out while we've had this lovely weather! Gorgeous card for your hubby I bet he loved it:) you take care and lots of huggles Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx