MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 13 September 2016

SNIPPETS CARD MADE WITH MY WINNINGS


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.
May I say a big warm welcome to my newest follower, and thank you for choosing to press the button and follow me.
I hope to see you back as often as you can spare the time.

Well when I posted my last card I had 3 challenges in mind, but decided to make a different card for the 3rd challenge instead, as I won on the Pixies Snippet's Playground Challenge the other week and wanted to use my lovely embossing folder I won.




This is a 6.50" x6.50"size card.
I used some snippets of white card, and black card for the embossed layer.
I then embossed the middle section with more snippets again, and decoupaged it with some lace either side.
The black lace is the white coloured with a permanent marker.
The flower, and the leaves are also cut out of snippets, and I added Cosmic Shimmer Midnight Snow to the centre of the flower.
Finally I stamped one of the lovely sentiments that came with embossing folder, and cut it out with a circle die.

Thank you so much for your visit, and your precious time.
I really do appreciate your visit, and the wonderful comments you make.

Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges. 

15 comments:

Wendy L said...

You have made a grand job of it Jenny, gorgeous card, xxx

Barb said...

You've put that lovely embossing folder to great use Jenny. Your card is absolutely gorgeous. Barbxx

Di said...

Oh Jenny - you really took that folder to new heights - what an amazing card. I totally adore it!

Hugs

Di xx

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Jenny what a wonderful card - love the mono of black and white. Must give this card a try. Stylish I have to say . xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jenny your card is stunning, love the black and white combo and you design is fabulous, so very stylish, Kate x

Erika said...

Hi Jenny a lovely black and white number, very classy indeed. I love B & W cards.

Hugs Erika. x

Jean said...

Congratulations on your win Jenny, this really is a lovely embossing folder. You have made a super stylish card with it.
Jean x

Kathleen said...

Oh wow, what a stunning creation, just a perfect make, love black and white cards and this is jus perfect in every way.

Kath x

McCrafty's Cards said...

A really beautiful card Jenny, congrats on your win
Kevin xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love how you've used this embossing folder and the black and white colour scheme Jenny. A beautiful card.
Lorraine

Chris said...

Stunning card Jenny! Love the black/ white combo, always so striking, just fabulous!
Chris
x

Christine Harrop said...

I have this folder and love it, but you have done a fabulous job with it. I love the dramatic black and white! Hugs Christine xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow Jenny, I love this gorgeous card you made with the embossing folder. So striking in black and white.

Sue xx

MaryH said...

Yay for your fantastic win, and you've made a spectacular card with it too. Love the drama of the big swirls and the black & white theme. Ditto the always lovely florals you use so well. Bet Miz Pixie was thrilled to see this entry! TFS & Hugs

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Sorry I'm behind.
This is a stunning monochrome card. Beautiful composition and design.
Congratulations on your win.
Best wishes.
Ang x